- Begin at 6:30 PM
- Typically the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month
- Town Offices
81 Main Street
Main Conference Room
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas, meeting minutes, and Selectboard meeting packets are available by following the links below. The documents are also kept on file at the Town Offices at 81 Main St., and may be viewed upon request.
Selectboard meetings are aired on CCTV Channel 17 on Friday following the Monday meeting at 8 p.m., then repeated on Saturday at 1 a.m., 7 a.m., and 1 p.m.
Audio recordings of the meeting are available through the Town Offices. To request an audio recording, please contact the Town Manager’s Office at 802-878-1341 or email@example.com.
To request any previous documents, please contact the Town Manager’s office at 802-878-1341.
View meeting information packets from 2018-2019
SUBMISSIONS FOR PACKETS: If you have items for the Selectboard meeting packets or a request to be placed on an agenda, please send your request to Tammy Getchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Greg Duggan at email@example.com. To be considered, all submissions and requests must be received by noon on Wednesday before the date of the next scheduled Selectboard meeting.
|Elaine Haney, Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Patrick Murray, Vice Chairemail@example.com|
|Vince Franco, Clerkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Merger with Village of Essex Junction
The Town of Essex Selectboard is considering a merger between the Town of Essex and Village of Essex Junction. The Selectboard is currently planning to bring the merger question before all Town of Essex voters in March 2021. The latest draft of the proposed charter for a merged community can be viewed here.
For more information about the potential merger between the Town and Village, please visit www.GreaterEssex2020.org.
The March 3, 2020 ballot included a question that was posed by a voter-backed petition, asking if the Town charter should be changed to create a six-member Selectboard with three members elected from the Village of Essex Junction and three from outside the Village. Voters passed the proposed change, 4,032 - 2,614. The charter change was sent to the Vermont Secretary of State, Attorney General, and Legislature for consideration.
Read the letter from leadership of House Government Operations relating to the proposed Essex charter change.
- General supervision of town affairs, working through the Town Manager.
- Ensure fair and credible planning and zoning process.
- Provide direction.
- Encourage communication among all entities.
- Provide financial and staff support through the preparation of the town budget.
- Insure appointees are qualified.
- Adopt ordinances, town plan and bylaws.
- Authorize permit issuance under interim zoning or during bylaw amendment hearings.
- Approve performance bonds for required public improvements.
- Approve application and hearing fees.
- Accept streets.
- Adopt impact fees and ordinances.
- Appoint and remove the Town Manager and supervise, create, change, and abolish offices, commissions or departments other than the offices, commissions or departments established by charter.
- Appoint the members of all boards, commissions, committees, or similar bodies unless specifically provided otherwise by charter.
- Provide for an independent audit by a registered or certified public accountant.
- Inquire into the conduct of any officer, commission or department and investigate any and all municipal affairs.
- Exercise other power which is granted to the Selectboard by the Statutes of the State of Vermont.