- Begin at 7:00 PM
- Typically the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month
- Town Offices
81 Main Street
Main Conference Room
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas, meeting minutes, and Selectboard meeting packets are available by following the links below. The documents are also kept on file at the Town Offices at 81 Main St., and may be viewed upon request.
Selectboard meetings are aired on CCTV Channel 17 on Friday following the Monday meeting at 8 p.m., then repeated on Saturday at 1 a.m., 7 a.m., and 1 p.m.
Audio recordings of the meeting are available through the Town Offices. To request an audio recording, please contact the Town Manager’s Office at 802-878-1341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request any previous documents, please contact the Town Manager’s office at 802-878-1341.
View meeting information packets
SUBMISSIONS FOR PACKETS: If you have items for the Selectboard meeting packets or a request to be placed on an agenda, please send your request to Tammy Getchell at email@example.com or Greg Duggan at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, all submissions and requests must be received by noon on Wednesday before the date of the next scheduled Selectboard meeting.
|Elaine Haney, Chairemail@example.com|
|Patrick Murray, Vice Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vince Franco, Clerkemail@example.com|
- General supervision of town affairs, working through the Town Manager.
- Ensure fair and credible planning and zoning process.
- Provide direction.
- Encourage communication among all entities.
- Provide financial and staff support through the preparation of the town budget.
- Insure appointees are qualified.
- Adopt ordinances, town plan and bylaws.
- Authorize permit issuance under interim zoning or during bylaw amendment hearings.
- Approve performance bonds for required public improvements.
- Approve application and hearing fees.
- Accept streets.
- Adopt impact fees and ordinances.
- Appoint and remove the Town Manager and supervise, create, change, and abolish offices, commissions or departments other than the offices, commissions or departments established by charter.
- Appoint the members of all boards, commissions, committees, or similar bodies unless specifically provided otherwise by charter.
- Provide for an independent audit by a registered or certified public accountant.
- Inquire into the conduct of any officer, commission or department and investigate any and all municipal affairs.
- Exercise other power which is granted to the Selectboard by the Statutes of the State of Vermont.