Economic Development Commission
- 8:00 am - 9:15 am
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month
- Town Offices
81 Main Street
Downstairs Conference Room
Essex, VT 05452
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, meetings are currently held virtually via Microsoft Teams. To join the meeting:
- From a computer or mobile device, use the meeting link and choose the option for your web browser (Chrome recommended) or the Teams app (download from Microsoft). For general instructions on using Teams, see this document.
- Call in with a phone to 802-377-3784 and use the conference ID 626 758 56#
- Public wifi is available at the Essex municipal offices, libraries, and at hotspots mapped by the VT Public Service Dept.
The public is always welcome. Please call ahead 802-878-1341 for special accommodations prior to the meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Hard copies of agendas and meeting minutes are kept on file at the Town Offices, and may be reviewed upon request. To request any previous documents, please contact the Town Manager’s office at 802-878-1341.
About the Commission
The Economic Development Commission (EDC) is composed of five residents of the Essex appointed by the Selectboard for three-year terms. In addition, the Essex Deputy Manager, the Essex Community Development Director and/or Planner, the Community Development Director of the Village of Essex Junction, and a representative of the Greater Burlington Industrial Corporation attend on a regular basis.
The mission of the Commission is to serve as an advisory resource to relevant staff departments, town commissions and committees, and to the governing board(s) of the Essex Community concerning:
- An understanding of the state of the existing businesses community and its contribution to the vitality and future of Essex
- An appreciation for the impact of emerging issues, trends and state or municipal policies on both current and prospective business development
- The importance of nurturing proactive programs, policies and procedures that position Essex as a preferred municipality in the State of VT in which to “Do Business”
Brian Shelden, Vice Chair
Botur Kosimi, Clerk
Ta Tanisha Redditta
Greg Duggan, Staff Representative - 802-878-1341, email@example.com
There is currently 1 vacancy on this committee. If you are interested to be a part of this committee, please visit the listing for more information as well as where to send your letter of interest.