Curbside Pickup & Appointments
The Essex Free Library is currently closed to the public, but we are pleased to offer curbside pickup Monday through Friday between the hours of 10am and 6pm and Saturdays from 9am to 12pm.
To pick up materials, please follow these three easy steps:
- Step one: Place your items on hold. Use our library catalog to search for items currently available, call (802)879-0313, or email email@example.com. You will be notified via email or phone when your hold is ready.
- Step two: Staff will pull your items, check them out, put them in a paper bag, and place them in the vestibule of the library to await pickup.
- Step three: Grab your bag and enjoy! Items will be labeled with your first name and first initial of your last name. Items from the Adult Collection will be bagged separately from those in the Children’s Collection.
For safety reasons, please wear a mask, maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet, and enter the vestibule one at a time.
We are currently open by appointment only. Our appointment slots are 10:30, 11:30, 2:30, and 5:00. To schedule an appointment, please call the library at 879-0313. If you plan to browse the library collection during your visit, we ask that you limit your time to 30 minutes. For computer users, we ask that you limit your session to 45 minutes. Please note that if you plan to come with another individual, this person must also register.
Before your visit, please read the following guidelines:
- Please arrive on time in order to ensure you receive your full amount of time.
- Do not visit the library if you and/or someone you are caring for are experiencing the following symptoms: fever, shortness of breath within the most recent 2 weeks, cough, chills, or muscle pain.
- To check in for your appointment, please ring the doorbell at the front entrance and a library staff member will come to assist you. A handicapped entrance is also available at the back of the building.
- Masks are required in the building at all times.
- Please sanitize your hands at our sanitizing station upon entering the building.
- Please keep a safe social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others, and be mindful of our directional markings.
- A public restroom will be available; however, we encourage patrons to use a restroom prior to visiting the library.
- Computers will be available, but staff is not able to provide technical assistance at this time.