Due to the rescheduled annual meetings of the Village of Essex Junction and Essex Westford School District, we bring to your attention the following information:
- Due to an emergency amendment to the election laws, the boards (Trustees and School Directors) are permitted to warn all annual meeting items to be voted on by ballot.
- All voters are encouraged to vote by mail by requesting an early/absentee ballot now. Here’s how ballots can be requested now:
- Call 857-0069 and leave your name, phone number, address, mailing address (if different), and which election(s) you are requesting the ballots for (i.e., all local elections, August primary, November general); or
- Email email@example.com with the information requested in (a) above; or
- Request online through my voter page at https://mvp.vermont.gov/
- The Clerk’s Office will mail you your requested ballot(s) as soon as they are ready for the upcoming elections.
Important: You will not receive ballots automatically, you must request them. Requests must be renewed each calendar year. You can request now for all elections through December 31, 2020.
Local, General, Primary, and Special Elections information
Updated information for the Village Annual meeting June 2, 2020
Town meeting was held March 2nd/3rd, 2020 - click for detailed information
Sample ballots for the most current elections/voting (as they become available).
All voting results (Town Meeting, General Elections, etc.) will be shown here for the most current elections/voting when they become available.
The legal voters of the Town of Essex are hereby notified and warned to meet at 7 PM on January 27 and February 3 at Essex High School (in the cafeteria) to attend public hearings regarding the proposed amendments to the Charter of the Town of Essex.