Amateur Photo Contest
What you win
1st Prize Ribbon - $75
2nd Prize Ribbon - $50
3rd Prize Ribbon - $25
People's Choice Ribbon
(Plus bragging rights!)
How to Enter
REGISTRATION: Drop off a completed registration form, your 8 x 10 photo, and your $5 contest fee payment to the Essex Parks and Recreation office at 81 Main St., Essex Junction no later than Friday, October 6 at 4:30pm.
DELIVERY & DEADLINE: Entries must be delivered to the Essex Parks and Recreation office at 81 Main Street no later than Monday, September 25th at 2pm.
FEE: $5.00 per entry, payable at the time of registration.
All entries will be judged by a team of judges on October 7th. No one is permitted in the judging area during judging (except for the judges and any assistants). All contest rules must be followed exactly and decisions of the judges are final. People's Choice is decided by voters online. The link will be provided after entries are collected.
All entries judged will be based on the following key areas:
- Center of Interest
- Appropriateness (how well the photo follows the contest theme)
The entries with the three highest scores will be awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
Online votes for People's Choice will be tabulated after 1pm on October 7th.
- You must be an amateur photographer and a resident of Vermont. Submitted work must be your own.
- Photos must be taken of or within the TOWN OF ESSEX (within red dotted border)
- Photos may be of any previous or current year.
- The theme for the 2023 contest is "My Hometown". This can be represented through landscapes, people, or artistic expression.
- Entries must be 8 x 10 photographs, color or black and white. Do not frame your photos.
- Drop off your photo at the Essex Parks and Recreation office at 81 Main St. no later than 2pm on Monday, September 25, 2023.
Photo entries will be displayed at ArtHound Gallery during Passport Week and at Community Day on October 7th.
Award winners will be announced at Community Day. You do not have to be present. Awards must be picked up in person before November 1st.