Act 250 Information

Act 250 (Vermont's Development Control Law) permits are reviewed by the State of Vermont.

Any Act 250 applications submitted to the state MIGHT have a hearing. Parties who can participate (other than the municipality & other state agencies) are abutters & other persons if they have vocalized interest specific to State Criteria 10.

Upcoming agendas that regard Essex, if there are any, will be posted below.

For all other Act 250 questions you should contact the State by calling: Peter Keibel District 4 Coordinator, 111 West Street, Essex Jct., VT (802-879-5658)
Or the State also has a searchable website for more information:  Agency of Natural Resources Act 250


This is the official site of the Town of Essex, Vermont